Agony Aunt Central

Agony Aunt Central
Agony Aunt Central

Monday, September 29, 2014

The Handsome Gentleman's Hatch

 These are the newly launched Volkswagen Golf Mk7 1.4 TSI, $35K... 

... and 1.2 TSI, $29.5K, OTR respectively.
Both engines are Turbo Charged & should be gutsy enough particularly the 1.4 with 250Nm of peak torque (as much as a Camry!) delivered between 1,500-3,500rpm. Consider that the outgoing Mk6 GTI has a peak torque of 280Nm, this should make for brisk acceleration. On paper performance of the 1.4 also looks impressive too, 25 years ago this was the performance of a typical GTI. Yet it is also frugal. 

What is equally impressive is the standard level of equipment. Touch screen entertainment display, 7 speed DSG automatic transmission, 17" alloy wheels, Keyless entry & Stop/Start system.

I'm also beginning to warm up to the design of the Mk7, I wouldn't be surprised to see much more Golfs on the road after this. No, I still want an R! 

No comments:

Post a Comment