Belated happy New year to all.
2016 started off with a bang! 1st watch to be acquired was none other than the undisputed 1st watch on the moon...
I give you, the Omega Speedmaster Professional with the manual winding Lemania movement. I will be the first person to admit that I am not a big fan of chronograph style dials. Mostly because of the busy look of the dial making it hard to see the main hands. This is not the case with the Speedmaster. The contrast between the dial and main hands is so distinct that the main hands seems to pop out.
This time piece looks good for both formal and casual wear. I especially like the look of the "Speedy" on the included NATO strap. The standard bracelet wears very comfortably too even though I'm not a particular fan of the shiny insert between the outer and center links. Sadly my profession doesn't require me to wear a space suit as I'd love to use the velcro strap too.
One of the main reason why I love the Speedy so much is the fact it looks so vintage. It looks practically the same as the original. From the distinct design features to the bubble like sapphire crystal. It helps also that there are so many subtle details for you to discover as you peruse and fondle over it. Oooerrr.
Beautiful to look at both the front and rear business ends. For 42mm it doesn't wear as big like the Tudor Black Bay.
So what's better than a Speedmaster? Besides a Rolex that is...Two of them of course!
Now how did that happen? Youze tell me! The short of it was, someone wanted to consolidate, I said if and when you want to let go of your Speedy let me know. Now was the response, so yours truly zoomed off to the ATM to seal the deal before he changed his mind!








No comments:
Post a Comment