In the papers yesterday & also got texted by one of the usual sales Consultant this morning.
Opted not to go as I felt unappreciated enough already after the Golf R debacle. Had they given me the car in the exact spec I wanted, had they treated a loyal repeat customer the way other establishments does, had they not lied about the blue R & the optional rims, and finally they went back on their word saying the $72k offer was low already but they reduced it to $70k anyway after I decided not to take their offer, they would've gotten my hard earned. I'm sure they don't really care if I don't as some other lemming would've jumped at the opportunity to get the ultimate hatchback. However, they didn't realize the damage they have created by destroying the loyal relationship that was fostered since 1997 when I bought an Alfa Romeo spider twin spark, my first vehicle from them. I've made numerous referrals since then, plus the addition of the Mk6 GTI.
Be as it may, I see this as a blessing in disguise. I'm no longer locked into a compromised situation. Customer appreciation day aside, it's more of a marketing ploy to show they're spending money on you, but it's more opportunistic in nature. I'd rather see that invested in better after sales and making owners feel they are special all the time. Irrespective of how much money they spend, family background & status.

No comments:
Post a Comment